Saturday, December 5, 2009

Daily Devotion

Can you Get up?
 
"But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins..." He said to the paralyzed man, "I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home."  Luke 5;24
 
I found a cd that one of my big sisters made me, some songs to help me get through.  You remember Donnie McClurkin's song "We Fall Down"?  The specific part I really understood today was that "a saint is just a sinner who fell down and got up".  Everyone that Jesus healed, they listened to His word and believed.  They were obedient.  The paralytic person in the verse above was told to get up--because the evil Pharisees doubted and questioned Jesus' authority for forgive sins.  Walking in faith is a multifaceted thing--you must be obedient that God is directing you in the way He wants you to go and that if you follow through that there is something good on the other side.  You must believe that whatever you are having faith in God for will come to pass.  You must act--because faith without works is dead. (James 2:20)  Some of Jesus' disciples were the most reviled people--Matthew was a tax collector! Paul persecuted and killed Christians.  But because they chose to get up and walk in faith, their sins were forgiven.
 
So Get UP!
 
Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk."  Acts 3:6

No comments: