Monday, July 20, 2009

Daily devotion

Letting it all go!

Great day!

Do you believe that we are supposed to be happy? Yes there will be and is strife in our lives and as Christians that is something we are going to have to face. But Jesus died to carry that burden!!! (John 3:16, Romans 6-8, Galatians 3) We are not to go this road alone! Let it all go! Going through your life believing that you have to do it all alone is not the way. God will place people before you and with you to help you be that great person He sees. See Matthew 5:12: Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. (KJV)

Now I know that life has thrown you some serious problems but realize and KNOW two things:


1. God did not do it! Sin was released when Adam bit that apple! We are born into sin--along with sin comes all the negative consequences associated with it! This was one of the hardest things I had to realize after I got sick. I was trying to figure out why! What had I done? Some things just happen because of that first sin and things that happened before you were born.

See John 10:10:The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

See Genesis 3: 6-19--Tells of the consequences of the First Sin.

However, Jesus died to destroy this curse. See Galatians 3:13-14: 13 But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”[g] 14 Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised[h] Holy Spirit through faith.

2. You must not blame God and if you do forgive Him! The Lord does not steal or destroy. He loves us and wants the best for us. He may allow us to go through things for reasons we do not yet understand but at the end of the day, it is in preparation for the battle ahead. I am guilty of this. When I realized it I started crying(yes I'm EMOTIONAL--I have no problem crying it's very cleansing--and He shows me what He wants to fix and what I need to let go of) because in
understanding that some things are just not in our control, I realized that God equipped me to handle them all in spite of how the situation looked. See Isaiah 55:9: As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. My process prepared me for being sick, the sickness and back and forth to the doctor before my surgery helped me release it to Him and He gave me peace, and now I give Him everything especially my future which is seeming kind of blurry because I know His plan is greater than I can ever fathom. I do understand that only God can change things and people so I must give them all to God---totally. True growth and progress comes only after we step away from a situation that we cannot control and allow God and His Word to work the situation and work on us. (Isaiah 55:9, 1Peter 2:24)

Give it all to Him and drop your dirty laundry off to Him to be cleaned and forgiven! Give God the authority to elevate you to where He wants you to be. Be blessed and encouraged! I love you!

http://enterthemindofmarquita.blogspot.com/

"The joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10


Marquita B. Priester

No comments: