Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Daily Devotion

Time to Grow Up!!

As I scrolled down looking at some of my friends' FB statuses, one stuck out. My friend said she wondered why people say they want to change but aren't willing to do what they need to do to change.. Then my devotion spoke of growing up spiritually.. And I said God I can't ignore this! There are so many things I want to change and I know I haven't done anything to put them into action! We have to grow up people! 1 Corinthians 13:11 says "When I was a child, I spoke as a
child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things."
Growing in our faith and Godly love cannot be done if we are still living in our teenage years.

I read something that said that 95% of our Christian walk is maturing. Start maturing today! Start cleaning out closets! Start throwing out the old and filling that space with the new! Now you have a choice: to recognize areas in your life where you can grow up in every way imaginable or keep your Peter Pan complex and remain a child forever!

Here are more scriptures on growth: Colossians 1:10, Matthew 5:48, 1
Cor 3:6, Proverbs 11:28, Psalm 92:13-14, Colossians 1:6, Mark 4:8, 2
Cor 10:15.

Peace, God's grace, and blessings!

http://enterthemindofmarquita.blogspot.com

"The joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10


Marquita B. Priester

No comments: