Monday, July 27, 2009

Daily Devotion

Afternoon! Hope your day is going great!

Dealing with Pain

In life there is going to be a considerable amount of pain along the road. Sometimes that pain can be so overwhelming that you must cry. It will seem like there is nothing to get rid of it. People can't help and it seems like nothing works. I cannot give you an answer of how to alleviate it because your pain may be physical, emotional, or spiritual; it may be self-inflicted or put on you at the hands of others. I can only tell you that you cannot dwell on it or hold on to it because of the promises in God's word. I can only tell you that God will give you the tools to get through it or He will carry you Himself.

Here are some scriptures to help you:

Philippians 1:18-26
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
Psalm 103:1-4--particularly verse 3
Romans 12:11-14
Matthew 26:39
John 16:33
1 Peter 5:6-11
Hebrews 4:15,16

Lastly, Philippians 4:13--I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. And Matthew 11:28-30: If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest. 29 Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me. I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest. 30 This yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light.

Please be encouraged and don't give up!

http://enterthemindofmarquita.blogspot.com/

"The joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10


Marquita B. Priester

No comments: