Friday, July 24, 2009

Daily Devotion

Finding your purpose in life!

Many of us long to know what we are here on earth for. What is it that
we are tasked to accomplish in life and when do we start. It is not a
self-centered purpose, I'll tell you that! In my own opinion our
purpose is to use the spiritual and physical gifts along with our
talents to bring others to Christ.(Eph 4:11-15, Romans 12:3-8, 1 Peter
4:8-11). Most importantly it is reiterated several times that we are
to love one another.(1 John 4:7-21, 1 Corinthians 13...the whole New
Testament lol!) So combining the gifts and talents you have with the
love of God you can only do GREAT things!

For example, I know that I give, help, discern, seek knowledge and
study, teach and I believe have a call for either evangelism or
ministry. Because I know the above I know I am going to be working in
some way to help others and get them to Christ. Everyone knows I
desperately want to go back to school for counseling and will probably
work on it in a church. Combining that with the love I now have from
God, I will use my gifts that I recognize and will receive to draw
others to Christ through ministering to their needs.

Yes we are to live life and have joy(1 Thess 5:17) but we always have
a purpose! Live life with that God kind of love that can forgive
anything and keep on loving until your purpose is fulfilled!! Trust
that it's all going to work out! (Romans 8:28)

I love you and I'm here always!

http://enterthemindofmarquita.blogspot.com

Also check this page out for more details on the different types of gifts!

No comments: