Sunday, July 19, 2009

Devotion

Recognizing if confusion is your reality...

Sorry for missing yesterday! Please forgive me.

Everyone that knows me should remember that I always used to say I was a realist. I looked at what was happening in my everyday life and then consulted God which was the absolute wrong way to go. The things that were happening were just a "part of reality" and I sometimes had no
control.

I'm going to stop there and tell another story. A former minister friend of mine and I had a conversation where I said my "part of reality" crap. Then something dawned on me. As Christians, God's word is reality. Our application or lack thereof create the world we live in today. When I choose my own way instead of God's I allow confusion to distort and deter the reality that God wants to come to pass for us. I, not anyone else, has control over the decisions I make. When I relinquish control to the devil, that part of reality becomes something else that wasn't t supposed to happen. When we pray we should ask that God direct our paths, and that His will comes to pass in our lives. That way the devil cannot deceive us and steal our joy. I had to admit to myself that yes, I do not entirely have control sometimes but I have the right to choose to follow God or go another way. Fortunately for us, He gives us clarity and peace when we yield to His way instead of allowing our wants to create confusion. Isaiah 26:3 tells us that the Lord will keep us in perfect peace when we keep out minds on Him. He will help you because He loves us that much! Stay in constant, unceasing prayer and that confusion will disperse!

For me, confirmation usually comes in threes and lately He has been yelling it at me in multiples! Be patient! Be filled with God's
love! I love you! Be blessed today!

http://enterthemindofmarquita.blogspot.com


"The joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10


Marquita B. Priester

No comments: