Friday, June 12, 2015

30 Before 30: I Wanna Say Thank You

And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Ephesians 5:20

I know sometimes in life we all experience difficulty.  In the midst of those situations, the absolute last thing on your mind is thanking God.  So I encourage you today, to start approaching life from a place of gratitude and see your perspective change right before your eyes.

I began doing my gratitude/thankfulness jar back in January, as a challenge to myself.  God used my daily writing down things that I am grateful for to change who I am.  At one point, I had a victim mentality and felt like bad things were always happening to me.  I struggled to see the good in life.  I struggled to see how blessed I was because the lenses I saw life through were distorted.  And that is often the case for us all.  If we have experienced something bad, we see life through the hurt.  This is why it is critical for us to renew our minds.  It is essential for us pull and pluck the lies that have become overgrowth in our mind.  Those lies have tainted how we see the future and have become barriers to our living in the now with a positive outlook. In situations like this, it is critical to overcome the lies by resetting our minds.  Telling God thank you and counting our blessings is a great way to start.

Today, I encourage you to write down things you are thankful for, from the most minute to the big things.  Allow God to reshape and mold your mind and to tear down those strongholds and negative mindsets that are keeping you from His greatness.  

We use God's mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments.  We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.  2 Corinthians 10:4-5

No comments: