Tuesday, June 2, 2015

30 Before 30: Never Be Bound Again

There is a song on Embracing the Next Dimension by Bishop Paul S. Morton and Full Gospel Fellowship entitled "Never Be Bound Again"... if you know me, you know I love music I can connect with.  I love this song with everything within me.  Here are the lyrics.  I want you to read them aloud as many times as you need to get free:

I will never be,
bound again.
I've got my liberty,
I'm finally free
...
Chains are gone, got a new song,
I'm finally free

This was on my heart today to share because so many are bound in many different ways.  Victim mentality; demonic attack, oppression and possession; generational curses; negative mindsets; bitterness and unforgiveness...name it, they have it and suffer from the bondage caused by these things.  I want to remind you today that the bible tells us, 
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.  2 Corinthians 3:17 NIV
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
2 Corinthians 3:17 KJV

This verse plainly states that wherever God is, there is freedom.  God's spirit abides within all of us if we believe.  We are told that our bodies are the temples of God and that the kingdom of God is within us.  So why continue to listen to the lies of the devil telling you that you are not free and will never be free?  Why continue to listen to the lies from those around you that you will never succeed and that you will always be a failure?  Why listen to the lies that say you will always be a victim and that everyone is out to get you?  You do not have to stay where you are.  You can rise above where you are if you would only believe and walk in the freedom God gave you.  As a person delivered from a victim mentality, I know that prison.  I know that pain.  I know always seeking freedom and feeling hopeless.  But I can testify that God delivered me; God changed how I saw myself and by confessing scripture to overcome the lies the devil had planted in my mind, I emerged from that mental prison and am now living the best days of my life.  You can live your best days too if you will choose to believe God and not the lies of the enemy.  Attack those lies now by finding scripture that affirms the truth of God's word.  Jesus came to set the captives (US!) free, to heal the brokenhearted(US!!), and to free the prisoners(US!!!) from darkness (Isaiah 61:1, Luke 4:18).  If you believe in Jesus, then walk in the freedom He gave you!!!  Be free!  BE free.  BE FREE!

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:32
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.  Galatians 5:1
You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.  Galatians 5:13

No comments: