Friday, June 5, 2015

30 Before 30: Lean On Me

God has really been using songs and movie titles to minister to me lately. I'm at my cousin's house and we were listening to praise and worship music. Lean On Me by Kirk Franklin came on and it directly spoke to my spirit for the assignment we have as members of the body of Christ. We have the assignment to comfort others, to offer a shoulder to those suffering and in pain. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 2 Corinthians 1:4 This scripture has encouraged me in my own struggles and now on the other side, I can be there for others. I can provide a shoulder, a word of encouragement and exhortation, and just be there to pour out God's healing oil for them to be healed. I have seen and read it so much that I know it to be true; when God wants to bless us, He sends people. Why not recognize when He is sending you to be a blessing to someone else? You have the responsibility to both help and allow God to help you in your time of need. Today, I encourage you to be the shoulder for someone to lean on. Allow God's love to shine through you and allow your light to cast out the darkness the enemy has tried to send on them. God did it for you so be willing to be used to do it for someone else!

No comments: