Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Daily Devotion--10/01/2009

In Due Time

"Just keep your faith in me
Don't act impatiently
You'll get where you need to be, in due time
Even when things are slow
Hold on and don't let go
I'll give you what I owe, in due time" OutKast f/ Goodie Mob In Due Time

"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

I love OutKast! Yeah, I listen to rap. I have always listened to OutKast. Since I have gotten older, I listen to the words of the songs I listen to because you cannot just let anything or anyone plant seeds in your mind. OutKast is pretty good, Goodie Mob too. But the chorus of this stuck out to me when I was thinking of what to talk about today. In due time all things will work out, all situations will resolve themselves--this applies to a lot of things.(Romans 8:28) Primarily waiting on God to act on a situation. One of the issues I have been dealing with is my desire to be challenged and grow in anything I involve myself in. Currently, I am having to search for projects to work on, looking all over for different projects. However, it gets discouraging because I want to do something I like, something that I can learn from, something that will continue to give me flexibility and room for growth. I have even gone as far as looking for things outside the box but to no avail. Sadly I went through this same ordeal before I had my surgery last year and became very disheartened. But I will be humble and patiently await what He has in store for me. We can trust that if we desire to follow God's will for our lives that He will make it plain for us.(Psalm 27:11)

When you feel like this, stop and think about these things: God loves you , He and Jesus want us to trust them, and God does not want your heart to be troubled.(John 14:1) But thinking about God and His plan, He always gets us where He wants us, which is where we need to be. He always promises to give us strength, encouragement, or anything we need in order to fulfill His will for our lives.(Philippians 4:13, Colossians 1:9) Hebrews 13:20-21 says "May the God of peace...equip you with everything good for doing His will, and may He work in us what is pleasing to Him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." The thing to do in situations like this is to submit to God and trust Him.(James 4:7) You can also know that if you do not give up, you will reap the harvest for everything you have sown.(Galatians 6:9)

I say this to you because regardless of what you may be facing, it will eventually be over. Regardless of whats going on at home or if someone has done something to you, you were allowed to go through it for a reason and to get you to a particular place. Don't give up and don't let go because God promises to complete His work in you!

"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised." Hebrews 10:36

No comments: