Sunday, October 11, 2009

Daily Devotion

God Favors Me
 
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. Psalm 84:11 NIV
 
After two "pep" talks and really these were more like, hmmmm uhmmm, thought realignment talks you know kinda stern, some crying, and a powerful sermon at church I'm almost back to normal.  Nothing like a little heat to make you go crazy huh?  Well, I'm thankful because I could be in a much worse position.  I have a job, I have food, clothes, and shelter.  I have family and friends that truly love me and in spite of how I feel--gotta get these thoughts and emotions in line, haha--I am truly blessed and favored by God.  As my cousin said, believers are equipped with the tools to get through tough times.  And we are blessed with the Holy Spirit to intercede for us.  Here it is in Romans 8:26 GWT:  "At the same time the Spirit also helps us in our weakness, because we don't know how to pray for what we need. But the Spirit intercedes along with our groans that cannot be expressed in words."  Although I have not received the leading I need to leave yet,  rather than run without counsel and direction I will wait.  God knows I detest and loathe SC--so just from looking at those two words of extreme hatred lets you know how I feel riiiighttt?  But I digress because I seek God's will not my own.  I will kick around a few rocks though, trust, lol.
 
Anyway, I attended a wonderful service at church today, entitled "A Testimony You can see."  I won't go into detail too much because I only want the reference of God's power.  When Jesus did not hurry upon Mary and Martha's call about Lazarus' illness, Lazarus eventually died in John 11.  Jesus got there after Lazarus had been dead for 4 days and already had begun to decay.  After He wept, Jesus told Lazarus to come forth and the funeral clothes to let him loose.  Lazarus was raised from the dead.  In the next chapter, John 12, several people gathered to their home to see Jesus and the "testimony" of a once dead Lazarus alive again.  Hearing this sermon was great!  I had been in a depressed state off and on since my cousin's passing and with receiving different types of bad news, and just confusion all around, I forgot just how blessed and favored I am.  First and foremost, I am alive.  God saw fit to keep me here for some reason and in doing so delivered me from the devil's attempts to destroy my body, my faith, and my spirit.  In the midst of the battle, we need to realize that it is for a reason; its not God doing it, but its for your good because God will make it so.(Romans 8:28, Ephesians 1:11)  I really had to cry then because sometimes we get so wrapped up in the attack that we can't see the path through it.  God can do anything!  Nothing limits His power.  Again today, 2 days in a row, trusting God was said again.  I don't know about you, but I have always had a problem trusting people, so this is currently something I am battling with.  But I'm getting it, painfully.  TRUST.  It's very, very easy to spell, but one of the hardest things to do especially when you've been hurt in the past.  We have got to put God's word in action fully--Proverbs 3:5,6 GWT says "Trust the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths smooth."  I'm listening to Darwin Hobb's song, He's Able and part of the hook says "Don't give up on God cause He won't give up on you."  God's promises are real, we just have to listen to Him, and do His will and they are PROMISED to us.  Listen to Hezekiah Walker's "God Favored Me" Pt. 1 and 2...  Let Him lead you and carry your burdens so your difficult roads will be easy.  Be blessed and know that you are the favored of the Lord!  He will give you the peace to get through it.

No comments: