Friday, October 30, 2009

Daily Devotion

You Can't Choose Your Own Way

"I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps." Jeremiah 10:23
"A man may make designs for his way, but the Lord is the guide of his steps." Proverbs 16:9 BBE

You can plan all day long, all week, all month, and all year long. But if you yield to God's voice, you will really know that you cannot choose your own way if it is out of line with God's will for your life. Like I said yesterday, I had planned to run more errands than I ended up doing after I left work. I actually planned to go buy 5 lbs of shrimp from a local stand (they sell em for $2.00 a pound lol), I planned to stop by another apartment complex and look around. But none of that happened! God guided me where He wanted me to go so that I could hear from Him in the most unexpected place. I've said a million times that I planned to go to medical school, meet my husband and get married; that definitely did not happen. I've planned several times before to do things that just didn't end up getting done. Now I will not say that all that I have planned to do was changed by me listening and yielding to God's will. In fact, sometimes I know I have deliberately disobeyed God's voice and done what I wanted to do. But as Romans 8:28 says, God will work all things together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them. So I can trust that He will work out my mistakes for my good as long as I obey Him and repent when I don't. Realizing that you do not have absolute control over your life is a total act of faith and trusting God.(Proverbs 3:5-6) Don't let your inner control freak get you off course!

"The way of the just is uprightness. You who are upright make the path of the righteous level." Isaiah 26:7 WEB

No comments: