Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Daily Devotion--9/30/2009

In The World

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world--the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does--comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. 1 John 2:15-17 NIV

I do not believe in hate. There are many things I do not agree with, but I respect differences. However, in the world we live in, there are two extremes, extreme acceptance and passivism, and extreme hatred and disdain for differences, for instance skin color. In fact, a huge reason that slavery was legal for so long was because slave owners bended God's Word to make excuses for it! Now people do the same thing, just to condone whatever it is--being selfish, abusing others, stealing, cheating and adultery, lying, alternative lifestyles. Yes God forgives, but why do it in the first place if you know its wrong! When I do something wrong, well first I try not to think about God which makes me think about Him more--go figure, second, I'll immediately ask for forgiveness and then try to shut it out of my mind. I'll give a lightweight example. I am a recovering road Rage-R--I used to be a lot worse, threatening to throw rocks at people or cursing them out in my car. Of course, it was nothing drastic--I value my life!--although I know people that have followed people or gotten out of the car. I think one time I flipped somebody off. Then I realized how angry I was getting and how bad I would feel later. I started praying that God delivers me from it--I still battle with it DAILY because these country bumpkins are not used to gravel haha, and I have gotten better. I take that approach with all the things I struggle with.

Sometimes we forget why we are here. We are here to tell people about Jesus and guide them in the way to receiving Jesus and salvation.(John 6:40) Yes we all have our weaknesses and shortcomings--we all have things that we do that are wrong. But think about it, who better than imperfect people are best to rescue other imperfect people! The problem lies in our refusing to admit our wrongs and turn away from them.(Acts 3:19) We must continually turn away from them because Satan will continue to attack us through our weaknesses.(1 Corinthians 15:58) Ask yourself, is your act of condoning or if it’s a personal situation, accepting certain things really helping? Do you say, "That's just how I am."--NOT! That’s who you CHOOSE to be. Is that obedience? Instead of avoiding and ignoring a problem, as Christians we are responsible for trying to save our brothers and sisters--extend that to members of the Body of Christ, who are our brothers and sisters.(Matthew 18:11-14) So when you/they do wrong, do not just overlook it, instead pray without ceasing that God guides you/them in the way He would have you/them go.(Romans 15:30-33, 1 Thessalonians 5:11-18) If we practiced living in God's love, caring for the wellbeing of others more and being obedient to Jesus' instructions instead of living selfishly, we would make a major impact and bring millions to Jesus.


I SHOUT TO YOU ALL, I'm not perfect; in fact in an imperfect, sinful world, who can be perfect but Jesus? In fact I have many weaknesses and things that I struggle with daily--personal imperfections that we all have; but I or others remind myself of my salvation and not to fear or doubt God. I then come before God whose power is perfected in my weakness and repent, even when I don't want to.(2 Corinthians 12:9) This is open to you as well and God can right those wrongs. I apologize if it seems judgmental, but it was just heavy on my heart. Be blessed and may God cover you and carry you through it all!

These people belong to the world. That's why they speak the thoughts of the world, and the world listens to them. 1 John 4:5 NASB
"If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you." John 15:19

No comments: