Thursday, October 8, 2009

Daily Devotion

Everybody Has A Story To Tell

You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses…to the ends of the earth. Acts 1:8

How many times have you heard someone say, "Well you don't know what I've been through…" as an excuse for something they are doing? That's true in essence. We don't always know the next person's story. But we are to testify about what God said He will do, what He has done in the past, what He has done in our own lives and what He can do for them! (Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15)

Some people will not always respond to scripture and people threatening them with the punishment of God. But truth be told, when someone honestly and wholeheartedly tells others what they have gone through and what God has done to bring them over, it often has a stronger and lingering effect for the better. Many others can turn to God through hearing your story. Take me for example…all I can say is that I am more than my transplant, just ask me, I'll tell it all. God has gotten me through lots more--several near-death encounters, the effects of alcoholism, low self-esteem, molestation, just to name a few--and is leading me through things right now. Quite frankly, the devil tries to kill believers everyday just somedays he is bolder than usual, lol. You are going through and have gone through everything in your life for God to get you to the point where is He can fully use you.(Romans 8:28) Point of clarity, God did not do those bad things to you, but He will use them for your eventual, overall good. John 10:10(BBE) says "The thief comes only to take the sheep and to put them to death: he comes for their destruction: I have come so that they may have life and have it in greater measure." You have been misled, abused, used, deceived, abandoned, lied to and on, hurt, and many more things. But how can it do you any good if you don't use your triumph to bless someone else? Sometimes, in my case especially, healing only comes when you share your story with others. I have been able to truly forgive those who have hurt me and lied to me because God led me to share that painful situation with others. Don't block your blessing by keeping your story to yourself and holding onto that pain! If you continue to hold onto the hurt, you may eventually hurt others, including those you love and continue that cycle. Don't let me start--potential rant on the problems plaguing the Black community. Release it to God, and let it go!

"No one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age and, in the age to come, eternal life."

Don't you love this promise??? I do!!! I love you!!! Be blessed!

No comments: