Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Daily Devotion # 2

Sowing Seeds of the Word
 
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.  And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.  Galatians 6:8,9
 
OMG!  People I am soo filled right now.  I stand (well write lol) before you right now and I will honestly work on my words.  I am going to paste this scripture on my desk, in my car, and in my house: "Let's not get tired of doing what is good, for at the right time we will reap a harvest-if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9(ISV)  I ask you to do the same.  The bible study sermon has just renewed me!  I have no doubt in my mind that words are powerful, and because I speak them that have no choice but to bring forth a good harvest in me!
 
Everything we do or say has a consequence.  Webster's has four definitions, with the second defining consequence as: something produced by a cause or necessarily following from a set of conditions.  Basically they are just the results.  When we say "oh I don't feel good" or "I'm gonna be broke" we plant seeds that causes our minds to harvest that result.  Or from a bad context, if all your life, people have told you that you wouldn't be anything, you wouldn't amount to anything, or you are going to end up with nothing, you may eventually believe it.  I remember being told that I would be like some of my supposedly weaker family members when I was little and how it hurt me.  I always told myself afterwards that I'm not them and I will be who I want to be--better yet, who God wants me to be.  I heard this a while ago and have been working on it; in fact I've gotten pretty good--I have my scriptures at my desk and around my apartment to reaffirm positive thinking and alignment with the Word of God.  But sometimes we are so caught up in our circumstances--and yes I have been there, my own doubt and the devil dragged me there these last few months--that we ignore the truth.  Speak the truth!  You have to sow good seed in your own garden because sometimes even your own family will plant weeds there.  The enemy will use whomever he can to destroy you--just like weeds destroy gardens and grass.
 
When we are saved, we confess with our mouths that Jesus is our Lord and Savior.(Matthew 10:32, Romans 10:9)  And from then on, we are Believers.  So whats so different about confessing the word; we confessed our belief in Jesus Christ but do not confess our belief in His word?  What is so different about speaking life, health, and prosperity over ourselves?  As Christians, we are to believe the Word and message that God revealed through Christ and use it to reaffirm our faith.  "Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God." 1 Peter 1:21  And if we ask God for something in prayer, why do we not believe it?  Because it does not happen when we want?
 
We sow prosperity when we speak prosperity.  We sow life and health when we speak them.  The Bible is like a box of seeds.  If we plant the right ones, we can expect to harvest the right plants.  In Luke 11:28, Jesus says blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it.  You hear the word when YOU SPEAK IT.  You plant it in your heart when you confess it.  Can you expect the good consequences of hearing the Word if you don't speak it?  I can help you look up scriptures or give you some of the ones I recite and listen to(I recorded them on my phone lol).  You can only expect a great a harvest as the one you sow.  Plants grow by giving them good, fertile soil (your heart), by being fed and watered(speaking, meditating, hearing, and confessing), and with love(loving God and trusting Him).
 
I just read something powerful.  1 Corinthians 15:36 says "You fool! The seed you plant doesn't come to life unless it dies first."  Its kinda like grass.  When you lay down new grass, in order to seed and take root, the grass dies first. But in the seed dying, in its ripping apart and destruction, out springs a root--a new body, a root to grow and become another plant that can bear a lot of fruit.(1 Corinthians15:37-38)  Likewise, if you plant the seed of the Word, it may seem like death to you in the amount of time it takes for a harvest to come forth.  But that seed has to die to be reborn in you--create a new you, with a different way of thinking and looking at things; die to yourself--to bring forth the type of thought life God needs to create your harvest.
 
Good night and be blessed!  Start speaking!  Sorry for the length just got caught up!!

No comments: