Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Daily Devotion--9/28/2009

Refocusing your mind

"I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14

My mind has been all over the place this month. I couldn't even say a few weeks because since September 2 I have been getting thrown at! I've been struggling to regain my focus amidst all the drama, but this has been very hard. However, I'm going to embark on a new approach: trying to "subliminally" refocus my thoughts. I have plenty of inspiration all around me, but if I don't enact some of these things and try different approaches, how can I truly get back on focus. So I'm going to record different scriptures and play them to myself at night in my sleep and see how that affects my day.

You may not need to go to as drastic an approach as that, but we all need motivation and variety to refocus our thoughts. Sometimes we get discouraged or disenchanted by all the struggles and pains of life. Simply knowing that God loves us and is there does not always ease those thoughts. Sometimes you need to surround yourself with God-filled, encouraging people. Sometimes you need to hear that one thing you've been needing to hear to get you out of your funk. Sometimes you only need a listening ear. But whatever it is, remember that we can ask God for anything in Jesus' name--especially if it is going to help keep us focused on His will for our lives. Be encouraged--if you need a listening ear, a word of inspiration, encouragement, whatever--I am here for you!

Love ya!


Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18
We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3-4

No comments: