Friday, October 30, 2009

Daily Devotion--10/29/2009

I promise to tell the Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing but the Truth, so help me God
 
"Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place."  Psalm 51:6
 
Evening!  I don't know what's going on with me, but I can't go to sleep on time.  Especially tonight, because I had not taken the time to write my devotion.  I had an experience earlier with God.  As most of you know, I want to move.  I am actually at a crossroads because there is so much I want and feel I need to be doing, but I don't know where to start.  So its October 29, and mind you, my lease is up in the apartment I live in right now in December.  I am trying to find a more reasonable place so that I can save some money before I leave here in the summer.  So I had been looking online for apartments and places I would go look at.  I looked and remember I found a townhouse complex right off the marshes of the river down from where I live now.  The prices weren't too bad so I went to look.  For some reason, instead of making all the stops I had planned to make, I just listened to the voice in my head and went ahead.  Now confirmation is a crazy thing.  I fasted last week and came to my discovery this week.  I am going to go to school.  I looked up schools on Tuesday, recruited at a college for work yesterday--and one school I looked at was at the career fair and another that I had not looked up in Atlanta where I am looking to possibly go for school was there.  I usually have three signs before I accept something, so that was two.  The third came today.  So I arrived at the complex around 5:00; in our email conversation I had confused the days, but wasn't sure the leasing agent had gotten my reply.  So once I got there, something just lead me to talk with her.  She showed me the two floor plans I was looking at and then we went back to the office.  Everyone tells me I have the gift of gab (Smile!) and can talk to anyone.  So before I knew it, she sensed my burdens and prayed for me.  I could not fight the tears and just started crying.  It seemed like in the midst of her prayers, my every concern she addressed and it seemed as she was talking to me that God himself was speaking to me.  So my third sign of confirmation was that she teaches a women's bible study and is a Women's Counselor--addressing to an extent two of the things that I feel I am being called to do--teach and inspire God's people and help deliver their burdens to God--ministry and counseling.  I can honestly say right now that I feel everything I was concerned about and the source of my weariness were lifted.  And because I know the truth of God's word, I know that everything will be revealed to me in due time.  Now the issue of finding another apartment just in case...not quite settled. :P
 
What is the truth?  The truth is, that God is real (Acts 17:28), that Jesus is His son (Matthew 3:17, Mark 1:11), that Jesus was sent to give all of us salvation and redemption (1 Peter 3:18), that we will be born again and live eternally with God and Jesus if we accept Him (John 3:14-15, John 3:36).  God wants to carry our burdens (Matthew 11:28) and help make this journey easy for us.  There are also other truths.  One truth that we all try to avoid is that if we sin God will automatically forgive us if we are saved.  We must repent.  Some like to believe that the devil is not real and that God does not exist.(Psalm 14:1)  He wants us to believe that God does not care about us.  The truth in this is that this is the devil's goal, to get us to discount God's power and elevate him so that he can ultimately destroy us through our fleshly desires.(John 8:44, 2 Timothy 2:25-26)  He wants to be like God and have God's power; what better way then through denying us or convincing us that God's law is not true?
 
Sometimes the biggest mistake you can make is ignoring the opportunity to witness to someone else the truth of God.  You may never get another chance to shine God's life into that person's life.  If you love your family, share the truth of God with them.(1 John 3:18)  Share with them what God has done in your life.  Enlighten them with the wisdom of your heart and truly love them the way God loves you.(1 Peter 1:22)  I do not say that it will be easy always.  But No weapon formed against us shall prosper and we can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens us!(Isaiah 54:17, Philippians 4:13)  God loved us enough to allow Christ to die for us to have the truth!(John 3:16)
 
I love you!

Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  Ephesians 6:14-15

No comments: