Sunday, October 18, 2009

Daily Devotion

You are Who God Created You to Be
 
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:13-14
 
Hey There!!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  My weekend was eventful; traveling back to South Carolina on Friday and returning home to pack and come to Columbia; time out with my bff this weekend, and seeing another bff and Jordy-poo today!  I am very tired and return to work/normal life tomorrow.  But I couldn't start the week/end the weekend without a devotion.
 
Of all the things that were covered at the service I went to today, the only things that stuck out clearly in mind was the above.  We are who God created us to be.  The circumstances we face, the intricate things that make us unique, the ups and downs of life, all of these things make us who we are, who God created us to be.  It is when we accept these things that the difficulities of life become easier to deal with.  It becomes easier to handle disappointments at work, irritations at home because we learn to accept people as they are.  We learn that troubles are not singling us out (although at times of bombardment it seems like they do).  In accepting yourself for who you are, and who God intended you to be, you eliminate every issue from low self esteem to comparing yourself to others.  You are unique and precious, there is no one else in the world like you.  So love yourself as you are!
 
Since you are precious to me, you are honored and I love you. I will exchange others for you. Nations will be the price I pay for your life.  Isaiah 43:4

No comments: