Friday, October 9, 2009

Daily Devotion

It Ain't Over

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

OMG! Hey people! Happy Friday!!! So you know I'm getting bombarded with stuff: my mentee is out of control, STRESS in every other aspect of my life, and just confusion. But I know that it's not over until God gives me victory. If you ONLY knew…but I digress. I prayed to God on what to do about all this stuff and I gave it all to Him last night. This morning the first song I heard as I got in the car said…"It ain't over, till God says its over; It ain't over until God says its done. It ain't over, till God says its over; Keep fighting, till your victory is won!" So because of this I know that God will give me the strength to see all of this through.

The reference scripture I chose says "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Man that is powerful. I use a few websites and books I have to write these. So I looked up Romans 12:12 and look at the related scriptures. Hebrews 10:32 and Hebrews 10:36 were two of the verses that were listed. Hebrews 10:32 says "But remember the former days, when, after being enlightened, you endured a great conflict of sufferings,"--looking at this makes me wanna holler because if there was ever a truer statement than that just hit me lol. Just Kidding! But me, I know what that scripture means! Here I am, trying to do what God has told me to do, but not without trouble! The devil is a dirty liar and evil and he has gone full force against me and I'm certain all of you at some point. Yeah, I'm tired, but I learned a valuable lesson: you cannot fix everything for everybody. I can't help wanting to help people. If I could I would fix everyone's problems. But God did not want us to do that, that's His job.

Hebrews 10:36 says "For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised." This is confirmation for me. Be joyful in hope, because God wants us to have joy. Be patient in affliction--and endure through tribulation because He is grooming you and preparing you for what's to come. But even better yet, once we do what He wants us to do, we will receive the fruits of His promises.(Ephesians 1:11, Acts 20:32) All of this happens through being steadfast and faithful in prayer. We cannot expect these if we do not pray and believe what we have received. This is like giving an empty promise. It is in difficult times that you must exercise your faith, you must continually and persistently come before God in prayer and leave your problems at His feet. It is the only way that you will receive the breakthrough and victory you desire.

"By your endurance you will gain your lives." Luke 21:19
"But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved." Matthew 24:13
And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; Romans 5:3
...knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. James 1:3

No comments: