Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Daily Devotion--10/02/2009

So I Choose to Be Happy


Phil 4:7
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (KJV)

Ahh! Today is a great day in spite of the weather. I'm back in Atlanta and I hope to see all of my loves. My friends, my linesisters, my numbers, and just being here makes me so happy. I even missed my hair stylist and just being around them--so of course I went by and got my hair laid out!

Sometimes in life we will not always be happy, pleasant, joyful, or enthusiastic. There is no guarantee that we will not experience suffering in life but God promises us a great reward in heaven.(1 Peter 3:14) Troubles come and go but you should rest in that promise of eternal happiness. I sure have experienced my fair share of unhappiness, but God surely has blessed me tremendously so that I cannot complain. God's peace will rest on you and get you through.(Romans 5:2, Phil 4:7) In every difficult or trying situation I have gone through, earnestly praying for peace has helped me to survive and not get defeated.

So choose to be happy today and enjoy the plentiful blessings God gave you, even if things may be hard right now. I love you!

Ps 144:15
15 Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD. (KJV)

No comments: