Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Daily Devotion #2

Yes I know I already sent out one for today, but I had every intention of sending out one Saturday. I got distracted.

Don't be a Gossip!

Ever heard the saying that be careful who you talk about and when because you never who you may be sitting around? Well, the Bible very clearly instructs against gossiping.

A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret. Proverbs 11:13
A perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends. Proverbs 16:28
The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man's inmost parts. Proverbs 18:8
A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much. Proverbs 20:19

These verses are so true! When someone gossips they betray a friend. They eventually lose the trust of the person they gossip about. Sometimes people gossip about things or people they don't know. Stories get warped, twisted, and exaggerated far beyond belief. I've ended friendships with people because I don't like the stories they have told about me or someone that I am close to. To me, personally, someone that gossips about me is trying to attack my character and above all things I despise that. I have had family members to lie on me and make up things, and to this day our relationships will never be the same.

But the fact of the matter is, gossiping is not of God! So stop it if you do it, and if you know someone that does it, remove yourself from their company and kill the story with you!

Be blessed and watch who you talk about...it always gets back to the source...

No comments: