Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Daily Devotion

The Peace in the Middle of the Storm

I'm still working lol and its pouring raining outside. Fortunately, a very nice person told me to move my car before it began to rain. Rain is always very peaceful to me; it relaxes me and allows me to forget all of my troubles. Actually, if its still raining when I get home, I'll open my blinds and maybe sit on my patio for a while, maybe even dance in it… Rain is very much like tears to me. I don't know if you can relate, but a very good purging cry helps ease the pain of the situation. I get to that point where the tears stop--like rain--and there is such a peace that I have like nothing else.

Jesus can provide us that same peace that listening to the rain does. He tells us in Matthew 11:28 "…Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." After He fed the multitude, He calmed the raging storm in Mark 4:37-41: 37Suddenly a windstorm struck the lake. Waves started splashing into the boat, and it was about to sink. 38Jesus was in the back of the boat with his head on a pillow, and he was asleep. His disciples woke him and said, "Teacher, don't you care that we're about to drown?" 39 Jesus got up and ordered the wind and the waves to be quiet. The wind stopped, and everything was calm. 40Jesus asked his disciples, "Why were you afraid? Don't you have any faith?" 41Now they were more afraid than ever and said to each other, "Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!"

That was only one of the miracles that Jesus performed. Jesus' sacrifice gives us the guarantee of that peace!(Ephesians 2:14, Philippians 4:7) So have peace today, even if it gets hard. Allow the "rain" to wash away your worries and Jesus to carry them for you...

Now may the Lord of peace Himself grant you His peace (the peace of His kingdom) at all times and in all ways [under all circumstances and conditions, whatever comes]. The Lord [be] with you all. 2 Thessalonians 3:16

http://enterthemindofmarquita.blogspot.com

"The joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Marquita B. Priester

No comments: