Friday, August 28, 2009

Daily Devotion

You Can't Predict the Future For Your Life

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Ahhh what a day!  Well for starters I hope that you had a fantastic day!  Mine was quite eventful.  First, I've been sleeping extremely long hours but waking up in between.  I woke up at 9:00--mind you I was in the bed well before midnight. Work was great but I found out I didn't get the job I had been praying for.  I had the entire next year of my life planned out. I even had the remainder of this one planned too from something else I had prayed for that did not come through.  From this I give today's devotion.

Sometimes God does not give you the things you ask for and for many reasons. The main one is that this was not in His plan for your life. There are many other reasons, maybe there would have been something negative to come out of the situation, maybe He has a better plan for you, maybe it's just not time!  But clearly in Jeremiah 29:11 above, He has a plan and it's a good one!  So in my case, I'll yield to His will and wait and see what He has in store for me! 

http://enterthemindofmarquita.blogspot.com

"The joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10


Marquita B. Priester

No comments: