Monday, August 31, 2009

Daily Devotion

Living for Today

Day 1 of my fast is going well.  I woke up terribly late and missed the chance at a whole breakfast.  Nonetheless, I made a protein shake and here I am surviving lol.  But you know the devil is busy!  I walked into work to see every kind of treat--Twix, Milky Way, Snickers, rice crispie treats, everything!  But I successfully resisted.  I have been diligently drinking my water and drank some Hot Chocolate to stay warm (they keep it 60 degrees below zero in here).  I hope you are blessed and having a great day!

As you may know by now, I am a planner and somewhat an organizer, lol, by nature.  I usually come up with what I want to do and follow through with the plan.  For starters, I knew I wanted to go to college and graduate.  My original plan was go through undergrad and on to medical school.  STOP!  Clearly I didn't follow that plan, because I am a Computer Scientist and among other things, desiring to go back to school for Counseling and possibly ministry.  I know I previously talked about this, but it was on my heart again today because as each day passes, I realize more and more how planning does not always help if you are a Christian.  We are to submit ourselves to God's plan and His will for our lives and follow through with what He tells us.  In James 4:7-8 it says the following: "7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.  Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded."(ESV)  Realize that things are not always going to go as you plan.  Rain, hail, tornadoes, and all the different storms of life come to confuse things and take your focus off God and His plan.  Instead of getting mad or angry, we should just be thankful that we have today to make a difference in.  If and when tomorrow comes, just take the chance that you are given tomorrow to take one more step on that path that God has laid before you, not the one of your choosing.

Matthew 6:34--"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (NASB)

No comments: