Monday, August 17, 2009

Daily Devotion

What To Do When No One Understands

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.". John 14:27

Hey! I hope that you are having a great day! I'm having a tough one. Today is my appointment day for my kidney. I've been here over 2 hours now and I've been in a room for an hour or so. I have to see like 3-4 doctors most times. My appointment started off like normal, with me seeing the pharmacist. As she went over my medicines, a sadness flooded me. Once she left I began to cry. I try to not think about it, not let the pain and hurt I feel surface, but every so often it rears it's head. I question and try to look within me to see what have I done for some of these things. But because I know God loves me and has me here for a purpose greater than my own, I can't keep crying.

As people we long to share our feelings and problems with other people to seek comfort and acceptance, advice and understanding. But to put it simply, most people just don't understand. The doctors seeing me don't understand, my friends, family, even pastors sometimes don't understand. When you get to that point of loneliness and sadness you just have trust God. It's at these trying times that you can choose to grow your faith or throw it away. In the midst of my crying I had to remember what Jesus went through. I forced myself to say Isaiah 53:5-- But He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities, the punishment for our peace was upon Him and by His wounds we are healed. I'm still sad but I just have to trust that He will not ignore me and will hold true to His word. He gives us peace and promises to carry our burdens with no conditions. He will get me through this and He will restore me. He will do the same for you!

http://enterthemindofmarquita.blogspot.com/

"The joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10


Marquita B. Priester

No comments: