Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Daily Devotion

Good morning!

How can you expect God's Promises if you don't know the Word?

I would like to say thank you to everyone for their concern! But of course there's nothing like a good cry and cleaning up to get my mind right. Part two and three of my cleaning sessions will continue lol. I was also relieved by reading my index cards with my favorite scriptures and rewriting them. Proverbs 4:20-22 helped me the most because I allowed Satan to distract me temporarily and I was able to refocus by keeping the Word in front of me.

Now to begin, I have always in some way read or studied the Bible since I was a little girl. We used to have a family bible study--which may not be a bad idea to start again--of course I would go to Bible Study, then my momma and my brothers and I read the Bible before I left for college. But I have been trying to finish reading the Bible for over a year now. I even have a Bible application on my phone with different translations. No excuse right??? Hahaha....but that isn't always the case. To be real with myself, I find it easier to read sporadically and find key scriptures that relate to the issue I'm going through in order to learn and apply it to my life. It's good to read and learn the Bible so that we can properly equip ourselves with the weapons to cast Satan down. Believe me, all it takes is one word to ruin your day or bring you down. But by doing as Proverbs 4:20-22 says-Listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them close within your heart; for they are LIFE to those who find them and HEALTH to a man's whole body--we can cast down those negative thoughts. We can guard our minds against the things that come to break us. I want that health and life! I want to be able to laugh and trample the devil with God's words that directly contradict anything He says to me.

For example, one of the things I pray for constantly is that I don't have to take this medication forever. Yes it may seem trivial but I don't see it in my future. I suffer some crazy side effects from them and I just refuse to accept that this is my future. So I praise God for everytime I go back to the doctor and they cut one more pill. That brings me one pill closer to not having to take anything. They cut two pills yesterday! So in the midst of my pain I was blessed with my prayer getting closer to being realized. But because I know that in Mark 11:24 Jesus says "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours. Also John 15:7--one of my favorites--says that "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." That let's me know that God has my back! All I have to do for this is keep the word in my heart and ask for it in Jesus' name and it's done!(John 14:1-13) It's that simple! Remembering that brightened yesterday for me and has me covered today. As always God is no respecter of persons so the same applies for you!!!!!!

Love you!

http://enterthemindofmarquita.blogspot.com/

"The joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Marquita B. Priester

No comments: