Thursday, August 6, 2009

Daily Devotion

In the midst of it all, Just TRUST HIM!

I'm sitting here in the airport ready to finally be at home away from it all, where it's just me and God, thinking about my future. I have been getting away from thinking and planning for the future so much because we don't know what turns our lives may take. I can tell you one thing and everybody knows, I want to move away from Charleston and back to Atlanta. For many reasons--most importantly the "planned" course I want my life to take. But in my most current reflectionary moment I had to take a step back and listen to the things that are going thru my head. In this I realized my plan may not be God's plan ever or for now. For some crazy reason unknown to me, God still has me in SC. He wants me to be there for an undetermined period for something I haven't figured out. Maybe He's still refining me, prepping me for the next trial that I am still unsure of.

When you get to that point, whether it's your career, your relationship, your future, I ask you to take a step back, remove yourself from the equation and just trust God. The Bible says in Isaiah 55:8 that "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord." I venture forward to say maybe our plans are not His plans...

One of my favorite scriptures is Romans 8:28--And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them. It clearly says His purpose and not ours. God has your life planned out for you even before you were born-Jeremiah 1:5: Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;... Trusting God is not just when you want to, but all the time! Even if you don't like it--like me--trust that this is all a part of God's ultimate plan for your life. Seek wisdom and believe that this will ultimately work out for your good.

Love you and be blessed! Heading home in five...

http://enterthemindofmarquita.blogspot.com/
"The joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Marquita B. Priester

No comments: