Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Daily Devotion

Don't Be a Quitter!

I'm at Disneyland whoo hoo! I've never been and I'm so very happy. I got some ears, Goofy went to take a break on me, but I'm very blessed. I hope you are too!

I've been reading a lot of devotions lately about the "roller coaster ride of life"-I know very ironic. But today's was very important for me to share with you. Clearly my phone has a mind of it's own today, lol.

But many times we are faced with situations that make us feel like giving up. We should know and trust that God will get us through. I say and STRESS don't give up!!! Life is not easy or what would we be here for? Our lives should be a testament of our faith in God through all situations--good and bad. Difficult times come for different reasons but at the end if the day, if it's too hard to bear just trust that God is right there for you. Also know that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are here to intercede for us and to guide us.(Romans 8:26-27)

God will not let you down! Stay encouraged and allow yourself to fully yield to God's will and things will get a lot easier for you.

I leave you with this verse and paraphrase:

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Although things may be hard, don't get to the point that you despise your own life because of what's going on. Seek wisdom from spiritually mature Christians and pray without ceasing(Luke 18:1-8) until you have peace. Trust that God will not leave you alone!!!

http://enterthemindofmarquita.blogspot.com/


"The joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10


Marquita B. Priester

No comments: