Friday, August 21, 2009

Daily Devotion

What are you allowing to shape your faith?

Good FRIDAY!!! I hope that you are having a great day. I look back at this week, and honestly, it's one of the best I have had in a while. I have some really good lessons to sink in and renew my focus. I hope your week was great too and the next week is better than this one!

Many times in life when difficult situations approach, defensively we look for ways to get out of them. I mean really, who wants to have a hard time? Who wants to be hurt or feel broken? NOBODY! At least I wouldn't if I had the choice. The truth is, you can make every good choice and still eventually face a difficult situation. The character-defining moments in life are reliant on our reactions and what we do in the midst of these situations.

Do you:
1. sometimes whine first then suck it up and face it?(This is usually my reaction. Well at first I try to pray then in my whining I try to solve the problem and finally I stop and deal with it. I also go to valued Godly counsel--my spiritual mentor or my mom or my assistant pastor) see Proverbs 15:22
2. avoid the problem alltogether? If this is you, please stop! You are going to miss out on so much that God has for you. Nine times out of ten, you really cannot avoid it anyway! This is a temporary situation, a test to pass and move on from. Recite "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phi 4:13 and "Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4 until you believe it! You are more than a conqueror through Christ! (Romans 8:37)
3. point the finger and blame others? Yes there are situations that may arise over which you had no fault, but where does trying to find someone to blame get you? Nowhere! For a long time after I got sick, I tried to rationalize it in my mind. Why me? Why now? Why not before? I actually had someone I could blame for negligence, but where would that get me? It got me bitter, hurt, betrayed, and depressed from holding on to all the anger. It seemed like God was ignoring my prayers but I had not done my part! It wasnt until I accepted that for the simple fact that we are born into sin that some bad things happen but even more important that we can give it all to God and He Will give you peace! It's in these points that we have to remember the following: Romans 12:19--Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the scriptures say, "I will take revenge, I will pay them back," says the Lord. My favorite: Romans 8:28--And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them. Lastly Isaiah 26:3--You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you. (AKJV)

So what are you allowing to shape your faith? Are you running away in fear--and remember fear is not of God!!(2 Tim 1:7). Are you standing in God's promises to give your the desires of your heart and to protect you?(Psalm 37:4, Psalm 27:1, Psalm 121:7-8) I don't know about you but going it alone is not an option for me so I'll continue to keep quiet and face them head on because I know God has my back!

Love you and be blessed! It's Friday yay!

http://enterthemindofmarquita.blogspot.com

"The joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10


Marquita B. Priester

No comments: