Thursday, August 27, 2009

Daily Devotion

Make Me Over

Hey! I hope you are having a great day. I am although I wish for once it would rain down here before I go to bed instead of while I'm at work lol.

Have you heard this song "Make Me Over" by Tonex? I do believe it is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. Also Fall Again is great too! I mention these songs because sometimes we need to change. Well a lot of times we need to change. We need to let go of old habits, old people (not literally lol), old views, old excuses, and old thoughts. You can't do the things you used to do, hang with the people you used to, look at things the same when you give your life to Christ. When that happens you straddle the fence and slide back into old behaviors. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says "Anyone who belongs to Christ is a new person. The past is forgotten, and everything is new." That means all of the old stuff is gone, nonexistent, vanished into thin air. This includes your sins, your faults, your hurts, your pains. Most times we don't pay attention to that part, that we become new creatures and we are made over. I have a hard time with this myself, that once we accept Christ He takes this all for us and I can let go. I'm going to add this scripture to my index card stack to remind me daily. In the most unselfish act ever, Jesus died so that we can live. The least we can do is let Him his job and quit being stubborn.

Marquita

No comments: